The following rules apply to all LDA sanctioned events.
This is Long Drive! This is what it looks like. From the moment you step to the tee box, driver in hand, six balls ready to explode off the club face this is that rush of adrenaline you have been looking for.
With local qualifiers held all over the country there is sure to be a competition near your. Once you try Long Drive, and hit your best shot, we practically guarantee you’ll be hooked for life.
The grid is clear, swing away.
- Competitors have 2:45 to complete their set of six balls
- Distances are measured from the tee line to the farthest point of the golf ball. A ball must land in and stay in to be counted.
- A qualified drive must be a minimum of 275 yards for the Open Division.
- A qualified drive must be a minimum of 250 yards for the Senior Division.
- A qualified drive must be a minimum of 230 yards for all other divisions.
- USGA rules apply for the teeing ground, tee and intent to strike.
- All club heads must conform to USGA standards (next tab)
- Official golf balls will be provided at each event
- Tees must NOT be longer than 4 inches in length & USGA approved. The Champ Fly Tees are the official tees of the LDA
Equipment is a personal preference. What works for one person just will not for another. Spend the time to get fit customize the club to your swing. It can mean 20-30 yards difference!
Professional technicians at Sellinger's Power Golf will be happy to help you find the right equipment that fits best.
If you are competing in the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship powered by Dick's Sporting Goods at any level your club must be on the USGA Conforming List.
If you do not see your club on the conforming list then your club must NOT appear on the USGA Non-Conforming list.
This list is updated weekly by the USGA for the most available current information and is the benchmark for all LDA competitions.
If you do not see your exact model and loft on the list, please notify the manufacturer to send in the exact club (model, loft) to the USGA for approval. If your manufacturer has a USGA Letter of Conforming please fax a copy to 682-549-2112 as soon as possible to be added to the Conforming List. All independent club builders/manufacturers must submit their clubs to the USGA for testing and fax all USGA conforming letters to 682-549-2112.
Your clubs can and will be checked prior to the beginning of competition.
The LDA understands many competitors use older model metal woods and original titanium clubs that were introduced long before the .830 COR limitations. These clubs, too numerous too list, will be checked and approved on site by an LDA official or a district site !director for a final decision.
Please e-mail any equipment questions to email@example.com
- Proper golf etiquette is required during all levels of the competition.
- At no time will disorderly conduct, abusive language, intoxication, possession of firearms, and/or possession or use of an illegal substance be tolerated. Violations of this rule shall be cause for immediate expulsion from the event and forfeiture of all monies paid.
- Dress Code for Local and Regional Events - All competitors must adhere to the host facility dress code It is the responsibility of each competitor to know the dress code of the site.
- The site director may alter the format and minimum yardage required due to weather or time constraints.
- The LDA and its agents have the right to refuse service to anyone